Thursday, April 23, 2009

Free Write

It was a great day, I was so excited for our jump. I was a little nervous at first, but mostly just excited. I was well prepared, as I had gotten lots of practice. everything was ready to go, I was up in the plane with some others in my platoon. Our chutes were secured and fastened, and we made the jump. I could tell immediately something was wrong. I took a bad jump out of the plane, and my balance was off. It must have made me catch a gust of wind that I was not supposed to catch. I was thrown way off course within seconds. I had no idea where I was going to land, I just hoped that it was in a somewhat safe place, and that I would be able to find the rest of my platoon. I luckily landed safely in a field of grass next to a river. So I figured that I would just go upstream for a little while, and go until I was supposed to go offstream to find them.

No comments: